Universal Logistics Group – Franklin Park, IL 60131
Unilogic Group is a company dedicated to transloading ocean and air cargo, warehousing, assembly, and is looking for a Warehouse Associate for its warehouse in Franklin Park, IL to to support its import and export Air Cargo Warehouse Business:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Receive, store and deliver materials, supplies or equipment; complete packing slips for shipments as assigned.
– Route, schedule, pack and prepare orders for delivery; load vehicles; schedule and oversee deliveries and pick-ups.
– Prepare and maintain records and logs and prepare reports as required; maintain inventory of items in the warehouse; file records as required; supervise the assembly of inventory printouts and catalogs as required.
– Monitor automated warehousing system; operate a computer and other terminals to enter data, correct errors and control key screens as required.
– Observe health and safety regulations; maintain warehouse in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Maintain regular attendance.
– Load/unload air cargo from/to trucks
– Prepare and palletize cargo as needed
– Make sure paperwork related to the cargo is correct
– Assure proper handling and delivery of cargo and operation of related equipment
– Follow Dangerous Goods Requirements and Regulations
– Comply with Unilogic Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
– All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• 6-12 months minimum air import and export experience
• Flexibility to work 2nd shift as needed
• Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures.
• Methods of receiving, inspecting and issuing materials.
• Warehouse operations, procedures, equipment and terminology.
• Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Inventory methods and practices.
• Principles and practices of training and providing work direction.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Automated warehouse inventory system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and warehouse management experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
• Freight forwarding: 1 year (Preferred)
• air import/export: 1 year (Preferred)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• One location
• Health insurance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
• Forklift experience
• Computer literacy
• Customer service
• Data entry
• Pallet jack
• Monday to Friday
• Weekends required