Logistics Operations Associate
Universal Logistics Group – Woodridge, IL 60517
Unilogic Group is a full service Logistics provider dedicated to warehousing, ocean freight, air freight, domestic transportation, fulfillment, and e-commerce:
Duties and responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Smooth dispatch and communication with Clients, Carriers, Warehouse, and Back Office.
- Coordinate logistics for inbound and outbound domestic, intermodal and/or ocean shipments and arrange customer’s shipment pick-up and deliveries
- Manage, dispatch multiple freight vendors for logistical needs based on price, time-frame, and quality.
- Review and enter transportation details into internal computer systems, such as shipment details, identification of appropriate air carrier or ocean vessel assignment, routing details based on origin and destination, transit times, load or container equipment requirements, transport party information, etc
- Track/trace active shipments within TMS/WMS system.
Enter inbound, outbound inventory via WMS system
- Ability to communicate with External and Internal customers as well as company agents via phone and email.
- Use critical thinking, problem solving and multi-tasking skills to address any issues or concerns that may present themselves
- Turn over shipments to morning Operations for follow up
Working hours: M-F 8:00 am to 5 pm
Ideal Candidate must have these qualities:
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude;
- International minded – open to a variety of cultures and countries;
- Experience dealing with customers;
- Experience with accurate data entry, detail oriented, well organized and able to multi-task;
- Proficiency and/or Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills;
- High School diploma or equivalent
The company offers a friendly, excellent, and professional working environment with compensation according to experience. Experienced will be highly valued.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Employees working per shift:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: